Slab Leak Detection and Repair
The majority of homes in Southern Arizona are built with “slab construction.” What does that mean? Basically, they are built directly on a concrete foundation. So there is no way to get to the problem easily. When you have a leak, it can become a major head ache.
Slab leaks are difficult because the pipes are generally built directly under the foundation itself. If these unexposed pipes crack or break you’ve got a major issue that you can’t even see! There are, however, some ways to know:
- Puddles on the floor with no apparent source
- Damp carpet
- Mildew under carpets
- Rising utility bills (despite consistent usage)
- The sound of running water when the tap is off
- Hot spots on your floor
- Movement on your water meter without use
Over time leaks can erode your foundation and cause serious problems. They are inconvenient, costly, and even destructive!
When you suspect that your home has a slab leak, it’s time to call in the professionals.
Slab Leak Solutions
First we will find precisely where the problem lies.
Don’t ever tear into your floor to find a slab leak! Let Swanson Plumbing professionals do what we do best. There are better ways!
- Spot repair – If possible to do so with minimal damage, we’ll open the slab at the precise location of the leak and do the seam repair or pipe replacement.
- Rerouting – We can leave the existing, broken pipe and work around it with a brand new line
If you have reason to believe that one of the pipes under your home has a leak, don’t wait. Call Swanson Plumbing right away and have it fixed!